resurrection

I recently decided to resurrect this site after letting it lie dormant for 3 years! rather than start from scratch because on review, I found inspiration within. I was pleased to note some developmental changes in the Blogger platform and so I just quickly, restructured and redesigned my blog, and dusted off some old posts.

I decided to start writing, because I need a platform of expression..one that should be relatively anonymous because at this time, I have no audience that cares about my thoughts. I find myself staying up late at night, thinking about things I should either be doing, developing, documenting or learning about, and I decided a blog would be a good place to consolidate some of these potential projects.

At the time that I started this blog, I had just decided to apply for grad school and was waiting my acceptance letter. I started the MLIS program at the University of Washington in late 2006, which I worked on while working full time as an academic medical program coordinator at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Those years were full of intense struggle, adversity, loss and hardship, which left little time for reading or writing for leisure. Seven months prior to graduation, I was randomly approached by a recruiter about working at Amazon Kindle. I quite my cushy state-worker job with full benefits to gain my first experience in the private, high tech sector. My contract ended up encompassing two different roles and was extended for a total of 11 months. At this writing, I've been unemployed for about six weeks since my last contract position at Amazon Kindle. I'm the first to admit a sense of feeling lost in this new economy, a bit disturbed about the fact that I seem to be a "surplus" MLIS grad and the relative dearth of jobs. I've been diligently job searching for a while now and I've become a bit disheartened that the same unfilled or placeholder jobs keep coming up week to week. And so the search for meaningful employment continues.

Popular posts from this blog

Information Resources

InfoCamp Review

Information Overload, Media, Consumerism